frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Import Downloads From New ATG Website

Hi, I just went through the new process of obtaining content from the American Trainz Website but I'm having an issue importing the downloads into TANE SP3. Once the content has fully downloaded, it asks where to open the file. I tried TANE and the content still won't install into the program, even though the TANE startup will open. Not sure if it matters, but I tried this on both Chrome and IE and am running on Windows 10. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Figured it out, for those that may ever have this same problem:

1: Once the file you want is downloaded, find the file in your downloads folder or where ever you saved it to
    2: Rename the file by adding ".cdp" to the end of the default file name
    3: Open the file, it should open TANE as a result and begin importing
  • Hi.  I tried the approach described above by downloading the file and then adding ".cdp" after the file name.  I can see the file is downloaded and even if I do add ".cdp" to the end of the file name, it still shows in the dialog box as file type "TXT File".  We have Windows 10 and TANE SP3. Thanks